Listening. Deeply. With Compassion and Curiosity, Spaciousness and Acceptance.
Welcome to the World of Focusing!
Why learn Focusing?
Many come to learn Focusing after having experienced the rich possibilities of this process for themselves. Others come on the recommendation of a friend or loved one. Either way, learning Focusing for yourself is potentially life changing.
“Thinking in the usual way, alone, can be objectively true and powerful. But, when put in touch with what the body already knows and lives, it becomes vastly more powerful.”
I continue to be in awe of how my life has changed and is c ontinuing to change, how I have grown, and how much more peace and joy there is in my own life thanks to learning and practicing Focusing.
And I’ve observed the same in many friends, colleagues, clients and trainees.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
SOME FOCUSING QUOTES BY EUGENE GENDLIN7
FOCUSING TRAINING CONTRACT
PART ONE: Focusing Basics, Self-Guiding & Empathic Listening
WHAT IS FOCUSING?
- What Focusing Will Allow You To Do – Eugene Gendlin
- Focusing Is....
- What Is Focusing?
- Three Key Aspects Of Focusing
- Experiencing Levels: A Measure of the Likelihood of Change
THE FUNDAMENTALS OF FOCUSING
- Attitudes that Facilitate Focusing
- The Primacy of Human Presence
- The Felt Sense
- The Felt Shift
- The Inner Relationship
- Focusing Steps
- A Few Words about Emotions
- Focusing Self-Guiding Steps
- Keeping the Process Safe
- The Focuser’s Bill of Rights
- Ground Rules for Focusing with a Partner
- Guidelines for Giving Feedback
- Focusing Alone
- The Three Obstacles to Focusing Alone and What to Do About Them
- Introduction to Listening in FocusingListening in Focusing
- Listen To Me
- Focusing With a Listener
- Listening to a Focuser
- Technical Basics
- Tips for the Focuser and the Listener
- Partnership Considerations
- Three Rules for Safety in Focusing Partnerships
- Optional Questions to Deepen Focusing
BLOCKS: OBSTACLES TO FOCUSING
THE IMPORTANCE OF PRACTICE
PART TWO: Advanced Listening & Beginning Guiding
A REVIEW OF SOME POINTS FROM PART ONE
SOME FOCUSING CHALLENGES AND POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS
- Listening vs. Guiding
- Empathic Whole-Body Listening
- When to Go Back to Repeating Exactly
- Helping the Focuser Stay in the Present
- Supporting the Inner Relationship
- Reframing to Promote a More Positive Attitude
- Promoting Awareness
BEGINNING TO GUIDE A PARTNER
- What is Guiding?
- Remember the Importance of Being Present
- Leading In
- Leading In Outline
- Focusing at the Edge
- Clearing a Space
- ‘Clearing a Space’ – the optional first step of Focusing
- When Positive Feelings Come in Focusing
- An Introduction to Focusing when Inner Critical Places Arise
A FEW POEMS
- An Introduction to the Work of Gene Gendlin
- An Introduction to Focusing: Six Steps
- Lists of Feelings
- Needs Inventory
- Why Listening is Good For You
- Tell Me More: On the Art of Listening
- Focusing Partnership As a Learning Process
- Some Notes on Language
- Relationship = Distance + Connection
- Focusing and Transition
APPENDIX II: FOCUSING BASICS TRAINING
© 2022, Adebar Verlag, Bottrop-Kirchhellen
Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Dateigröße: 1,6 MB
Preis: € 24,80(Umsatzsteuerbefreit nach § 19 UStG, versandkostenfrei)